On Wednesday 23rd of October, the Infant Department hosted a Jolly Phonics Session for all parents in Reception class. The session was very well attended by parents and together they learnt the strategies used in order to teach young children how to read and write. This synthetic phonic approach is a fun and engaging way for children to learn the sounds in the alphabet. We had the parents join in on the learning and had they up dancing along to the letters of the alphabet. After the session various parents commented ‘that they didn’t realise how complex it was to teach a young child how to read’ and that the session was extremely useful in order to further help children at home with early reading skills!
Protocolo de prevención Covid 19
- Todas las instalaciones se desinfectan continuamente
- Contacta con nosotros y acude con cita previa si quieres venir a conocernos
- Acude siempre con mascarilla. Tendremos a tu disposición guantes y gel hidroalcohólico
- Se descartan las actividades grupales
- En caso de que tengas síntomas, avísanos y te daremos cita para que vengas a conocernos más adelante.
- Más información
News from Holy Mary British Catholic School